Website Toray Plastics (America), Inc.
Toray Plastics (America), Inc.
Toray seeks team members who are hardworking, and passionate about their work and energetic problem-solvers who have a “can-do” attitude. Team members who think creatively and want to implement new ideas thrive here. We value people who wish to pursue a rewarding career in which they develop new skills and progress through the organization. Many Toray employees have been with the company for more than a decade. Covid Vaccination preferred but not required.
Toray Plastics (America), Inc., is a films and chemical manufacturer, which is a $450 million subsidiary of the Japan-based Toray Group, which manufactures synthetic fibers, carbon fibers, plastics, and chemicals and employs more than 45,000 people in 26 countries. Annual sales exceed US$21 billion. TPA’s films businesses in Rhode Island and foams division in Virginia are global leaders and provide innovative products that are used worldwide for consumer and industrial applications. TPA is committed to environmental, social, and corporate governance. Learn more by visiting www.toraytpa.com.
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package effective on the 1st of the month following date of hire (Medical, Vision Dental, Life insurance)
- 401k – 4% match on the first 8% of individual contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Shift Pay Differential Overtime pay – time and a half and double time pay
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We offer a $1200.00 Employee Referral Bonus Program for both our employee and their referral!
- Advancement Opportunities
Overall Responsibilities: The Process Technician is responsible for providing safe and efficient operation in their assigned production process. This includes machine setups, quality inspections, documentation, organization and housekeeping around the machines or equipment.
- Must be willing to work in other areas of the plant when needed to help plant operations.
- Sets and monitors machine operation controls. Monitors machine/process equipment instrumentation during operation.
- Keeps process conditions within control.
- Prepares assigned paperwork and enters data into computer systems as necessary.
- Performs quality inspections.
- Participates in correcting and improving product quality and efficient machine operation.
- Ensures cleanliness of assigned work area and assigned machine.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis
- Push/Pull up to 1,500 lbs. using a wheeled cart
- Able to work 12.25 hour rotating day/night shift in a tobacco and smoke free environment
- Ability to work required, mandatory overtime
- Must be able to work in hot temperatures at times Manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
Education & Experience required:
- HS Diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Some computer skills required
- Experience operating a forklift preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
Salary: $19.97/hour. Candidates with strong production experience may be able to start at $24.32/hour! A resume is required with work history, dates of employment and education submitted with online application.
Toray Plastics (America) Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Toray Plastics (America), Inc. is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination based on any protected status, workplace harassment/bullying and retaliation for filing a complaint or providing information related to a complaint. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and medical related conditions), age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
It is the policy of Toray Plastics (America) Inc. to maintain a work environment that is safe for all persons, including the community, and conducive to attaining high work standards. To achieve these objectives, we are committed to maintaining a drug, tobacco and alcohol free workplace and perform pre-employment testing. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit www.toraytpa.com.