~ PVN staff report
LURAY — The 45th annual Luray Rotary Golf Tournament will be hosted by Luray Caverns Corporation on Wednesday, July 7 at Luray Caverns Country Club Resort.
The Captain’s Choice, four-person team competition is the longest running golf tournament in Page County. It costs $95 per golfer or $380 per team, which includes a round of golf, golf cart, two mulligans per golfer, a light breakfast, welcome bag, awards luncheon and door prizes.
The Luray Rotary Club is a service organization whose members volunteer their time and talent to assist many charities within Page County. The golf tournament serves as the club’s major fund raising event. In the last 44 tournaments, Luray Rotary estimates that $680,000 has been raised to support the local community.
For the July 7 golf tournament, partial teams and individual players will be paired. A 9 a.m. shotgun start will be utilized in order to get all teams back to the clubhouse at about the same time for the awards luncheon. As teams finish their rounds, they will turn in their scorecards and enjoy a catered lunch while the winning teams are determined.
• Hole-in-one on Par 3, Hole Number 4 — $10,000 cash
• Holes-in-one on 7,12, and 15 win prizes such as a large flat screen TV, set of Callaway Irons, or a round trip domestic air fare for two.
• Longest drive on 8th Fairway – men, women, senior men and senior women — $50 gift certificate
• Closest to the pin on par 3 hole numbers 7,12,15 – men, women, senior men, and senior women — $50 gift certificate
• Team prizes of $400 per team will be awarded in four categories — Men or Mixed Team (average age 64 years or less); Women’s Team (average age 64 years or less); Senior Men or Mixed Team (average age 65 years or older); and Senior Women’s Team (average age 65 years or older).
• Men: Age 64 and younger – White Tee
• Men: Age 65 to 74 – Gold Tee
• Men: Age 75 and older – Red Tee
• Women: Age 69 and younger – Red Tee
• Women: 70 and older – Forward Tee
For an entry form and full brochure, click here.
Make checks payable to: Luray Rotary Golf Tournament and return to: Attn: Brian Phelps, Luray Golf Tournament, P.O. Box 482, Luray, VA 22835
Luray Rotary Club Officers
- Donna Whitley-Smith — President
- President Elect — Tracie Dickson
- Secretary— Bill Dudley
- Treasurer— Caleb Routhier
- Sergeant-at-Arms — Jim Fargo
- Past President— Caleb Routhier
- Golf Committee — Brian Phelps (Chairman), Ben Dolewski, Jerry Schiro, Judy Suddith, Tracie Dickson, Scott Ruffner, Jim Watkins, Cathy Weaver, Caleb Routhier, Donna Whitley-Smith, Fritz Baukhages
For more information, contact Brian Phelps at email@example.com
or Jim Watkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a Stay and Play package, call The Mimslyn Inn at (540) 743-5105 or visit www.mimslyninn.com
Be the first to comment