~ Photos and information provided by Terry Pettit, chief of the Stanley Volunteer Fire Department
STANLEY, Feb. 22 — The Stanley Fire Department was called for a camper fire at 757 Judy Lane Ext. at 7:11 p.m. on Saturday.
Firefighters were on the scene within five minutes, but the camper sustained heavy fire damage and is considered a total loss. Estimate damage is around $10,000.00.
The camper is owned by Donald “Dee” Campbell Jr. and was located on the property of Wendy Comer. Mr. Campbell was away at
the time of the call, and the fire started in the area a space heater was located next to a bed.
Mr. Campbell did not have insurance on the camper and is staying with friends at this time. His pet cat also perished in the fire.
Chief Pettit stated that four units and 20 members from the Stanley Fire Department responded to the call and were on the scene for two hours. Page County EMS also responded with one unit and crew, and the Page County Sheriff’s Department assisted with traffic control.
Be the first to comment