Firemen save home

Luray panoramic

January 28, 1965 — The Luray Fire Department is credited with saving the home of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Barnes at Stony Man last Friday morning when they were called there for a chimney fire about 7 o’clock.

The overheated chimney had ignited the woodwork in the attic over the kitchen which was ablaze when the firemen arrived. It was necessary for the firemen to remove some of the weather- boarding to get at the flames. Firemen used a line from their booster tank and handy garden hose to put out the fire.

Damage to the home was considered slight. 

~ From the public archives of the Page News and Courier


TODAY IN HISTORY is a feature of

~ Check the date of the story you just read!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.