~ PVN staff report
LURAY, March 4 — A Page County grand jury indicted 13 individuals of a total of 42 charges during the March session.
- Thomas Evan Campbell of Luray was indicted on five charges, including two counts of assault and battery of a family or household member; and one count each of malicious wounding, strangulation and abduction by force. The charges stem from an incident on Dec. 1, 2019.
- Theresa F. Haggerty of Shenandoah was indicted on a total of seven charges, including four counts of submitting a false application for welfare; two counts of welfare fraud/larceny; and one count of failure to notify the Department of Social Services of a change. Charges stem from incidents occurring between Dec. 19, 2017 and June 1, 2018.
- Kevin Lee Dunbar Jr. of Luray was indicted on five charges, including three counts of credit card larceny; and one count each of breaking and entering (daytime) and grand larceny. The charges stem from incidents on Oct. 25 and Nov. 25, 2019.
- Jason Douglas Frye of Luray was indicted on three charges of embezzlement, stemming from incidents on Jan. 9, April 1 and July 1, 2019.
- John Anthony Anderson II of Stanley was indicted on five charges, including possession of a Schedule I/II drug, possession of marijuana (second offense), possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a firearm after being convicted of a felony, and possession of a firearm while also in possession of an illegal drug. The charges stem from an incident on March 11, 2019.
- Daniel Wayne Leggett of Stanley was indicted on three charges, including the possession and distribution of LSD, as well as possession with intent to manufacture. The charges stem from an incident on April 16, 2019.
- Victor Vernand Parker of New Market was indicted on three drug-related charges, including possession of a Schedule i/II drug (fentanyl), possession of hydrocodone and obstruction of justice. The charges stem from an incident on March 30, 2019.
- Philip Lee Vaughn Jr. of Shenandoah was indicted for the possession of heroin on Oct. 5, 2019.
- Lora K. Lang of Luray was indicted for the possession of methamphetamine on Oct. 4, 2019.
- Larry Wayne Buracker of Stanley was indicted on one charge of possession of a sawed-off shotgun on Oct. 14, 2019.
- Richard Nelson Wright of Shenandoah was indicted on two charges, including DUI (third or subsequent offense) and driving with a revoked license on Jan. 26, 2020.
- Curtis Allen Comer Jr. of Shenandoah was indicted on two counts of failing to register as a sex offender on Oct. 26 and Nov. 1, 2019.
• Raymond Paul Sullivan III of Stanley was indicted on four charges, including DUI, reckless driving, eluding and obstruction of justice on Jan. 14, 2020.
Monthly grand jury hearings are now held the first Wednesday of each month in the Page County Circuit Court. Previously, they were scheduled on the fourth Monday.