~ PVN staff reports
LURAY, Feb. 5 — A Page County grand indicted 13 individuals of a total of 46 charges during the February session.
Monthly grand jury hearings are now held the first Wednesday of each month in the Page County Circuit Court. Previously, they were scheduled on the fourth Monday.
All indictments issued for the February session came back from the grand jury as “true bills,” which means the grand jury found that there was enough evidence to advance the case to trial. Those indictments included:
- Sharlene Girdner was indicted on a total of nine charges, including three counts each of attempting to utter a false or forged bank note, presenting money by false pretense and presenting forged bank notes.
- Michale Brooks Davis was indicted on eight charges, including assault on a law enforcement officer, cruelty to animals, obstruction of justice/resisting arrest, assault and battery of a family member, strangulation and three counts of attempted malicious wounding.
- Chad Warren Cubbage was indicted on a total of six charges, including two charges each of obtaining money by false pretense, forgery and uttering.
- April Jameson Phillips was indicted on three charges, including shoplifting items valued at more than $500 and two counts of assault and battery.
- Anthony Ray Higginbotham was indicted on four charges, including obstruction of justice, driving while intoxicated, carrying a concealed weapon and assault and battery of a law enforcement officer.
- Dennis Wayne Whetzel Jr. was indicted on three charges, including strangulation, damaging phone lines and assault and battery of a family member.
- Jerry McCorkle II was indicted on three charges, including possession of methamphetamines, possession of marijuana and not having an operator’s license while operating a vehicle.
- Joshua R. Brown was indicted on two charges, including selling or distributing stolen property and grand larceny.
• Joseph Andrew Knott was indicted on two charges, including abduction by force and strangulation.
- Sue Whitaker was indicted on two charges, including forgery and credit card larceny.
- Kenneth Lee Harmon was indicted on two charges, including felony DUI and driving as a habitual offender.
- Cheyann S. Rodriguez was indicted for child abuse.
- Ryan Devane Donavan was indicted for possession of methamphetamines.