December 21, 1961 — The Town of Shenandoah has moved closer to municipal sufficiency with the purchase of its water system from the Northern Virginia Power Company.
This formal announcement was made this week by Mayor H.A. Fix, who has worked diligently on the transaction for months.
The Northern Va. Power Company acquired the property in 1946 when it purchased the old Page Power system. Since that time the system has been operated by the Power Co.
At the time of the purchase by the Town of Shenandoah in recent weeks, the water system represented an investment of about $96,000. Considerable miscellaneous equipment including a pump and tank, was included in the purchase.
The sale to the Town of Shenandoah for the entire property was consummated for a price of $25,000.
~ From the public archives of the Page News and Courier
Be the first to comment