~ Press release issued by Valley Health
WINCHESTER — On Wednesday, May 12, Valley Health will open a COVID-19 vaccination site for first and second doses at Apple Blossom Mall in Winchester. The site will be open three days a week during mall business hours: Mondays and Wednesdays from 11am – 8pm, and Saturdays from 10am – 9pm. The clinic will be held in a store beside Victoria’s Secret; the most convenient entrance is near H&R Block.
Vaccinations are available free of charge on a walk-in and an appointment basis. Clinics may administer either Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson, based on availability. While those age 18 and over are approved to receive all three brands, 16 and 17 year olds are currently only eligible to receive Pfizer and must either be accompanied by a parent or guardian or have attested their consent through the PrepMod vaccination site.
“We want to make it as convenient as possible for our community to be vaccinated as soon as possible,” said Jason Craig, Director, Valley Health Urgent Care, Central Region, and Operational Lead for Vaccine Clinics. “We appreciate the collaboration of Apple Blossom Mall, the Virginia Department of Health, AT&T, and community volunteers in this important public health effort.”
To schedule an appointment, visit www.vavax.org and search by zip code (22601) for the closest clinic or enter “Apple Blossom Mall” for location to see the type of vaccine available each day. Individuals may walk in or schedule an appointment for first or second dose. (If second dose, the vaccine MUST be the same brand as the first dose.)
The transition to a smaller, walk-in venue at Apple Blossom Mall comes after nearly four months of successful mass vaccination clinics at Shenandoah University’s events center and locations in Page, Shenandoah, and Warren counties. Thanks to the impressive engagement of thousands of employees and community volunteers, more than 110,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been given at Valley Health clinics since January.
In Valley Health’s southern region – Warren, Shenandoah and Page counties – vaccine administration has transitioned to primary care provider offices. Eight Valley Health family medicine offices now offer COVID-19 vaccine at no charge to the patient, are seeing patients in person again, and are accepting new patients. For a list of practices, visit www.valleyhealthlink.com/c19vaccinations.
· Valley Health Page Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Shenandoah – 505 Williams Ave Shenandoah VA 22849 540-652-9100
· Valley Health Page Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Stanley – 235 Medical Drive Stanley VA 22851 540-778-4259
· Valley Health Page Memorial Hospital Family and Internal Medicine – 135 Memorial Drive Luray VA 22835 540-743-2887
· Valley Health Shenandoah Memorial Hospital Family and Internal Medicine – 759 S. Main Street Woodstock VA 22664 540-459-1315
· Valley Health Shenandoah Memorial Hospital Family Medicine New Market – 9166 N Congress St New Market VA 22844 540-459-1340
· Valley Health Shenandoah Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Strasburg – 33674 Old Valley Pike Strasburg VA 22657 540-459-1410
· Valley Health Warren Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Front Royal – 67 Riverton Commons Plaza Front Royal VA 22630 540-635-0848
· Valley Health Warren Memorial Hospital Multispecialty Clinic Commerce Ave – 120 N. Commerce Ave Front Royal VA 22630 540-635-0800
“We are eager to maintain a presence in the community as more and more people become comfortable with the vaccine,” said Jeff Feit, MD, Population and Community Health Officer for Valley Health. “We remain very grateful that we have vaccines that are so safe and effective, and we look forward to continuing to provide them for the community. We’re also eagerly awaiting CDC approval to offer Pfizer vaccine to 12-15 year olds.”