September 17, 1987 — The Woman’s Club of Luray will celebrate its 50th anniversary this Saturday with special activities at the Luray United Methodist Church.
The 2 p.m. program will include a memorial service, scrapbook display, minute books, yearbooks and other items of interest relating to the club’s history.
The club was organized in the spring of 1930 when Mrs. N.B. Smith, Mrs. W.C. Lauck and Mrs. J.W. Mims formed a Civil League to protest against cutting trees in the Town of Luray.
The group re-organized as a woman’s club with three departments — garden, civic and book.
~ From the public archives of the Page News and Courier
Be the first to comment