~ PVN staff report
LURAY — The Page County Public Forum will host a panel discussion on “Addiction and Recovery” at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 30 at the Luray VFW just off Route 211 east of Luray.
Five panelists will offer expert advice and answer questions about concerns over addiction, what help and resources are available, and how local citizens can access those resources to get onto the road to recovery. The panel discussion will address pressing concerns that affect loved-ones, families and our entire community.
Panelists scheduled for the May 30 discussion include:
- Megan Gordon — Director of the Page Alliance for Community Action, with a focus on prevention and community wellness.
- Rebecca Jenkins — Stanley Police Officer, with a focus on the perspective of law enforcement and the ripple effects on youth through her experience as a School Resource Officer.
- John Winslow — 23 West Club Board Chair, with a focus on patterns/cycles of addiction, recovery, and resources available through this organization.
- Gloria Hamilton — Career Support Systems, with a focus on re-entry, getting back on your feet, and securing employment after active addiction.
- Dr. Tresha Ward, MD — Savida Substance Abuse Treatment Center, Lead Physician, with a focus on treatment supported recovery.
“Please help us get the word out about a very important upcoming presentation and an update on Addiction and Recovery in Page County,” Nancy Boyer, co-chair of the Page County Public Forum stated in an email to friends and supporters of The Forum. “Taylor Alger has put together an outstanding panel of local community experts who will discuss and answer questions about this concern that affects each and every one of us in this broad community.”
All are welcome to this free community event at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 30 at the Luray VFW.
For more information about the Page County Public Forum, visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057182240687