~ PVN staff report
LURAY, Feb. 2 — Tip-off for the girls varsity basketball game on Thursday between cross-county rivals, Luray and Page County high schools, has been pushed back one hour to 7 p.m., according to a notice from LHS Athletic Director Don Ehlers on Tuesday afternoon.
“This will allow football practice in the gym after school. Allow for game set up, cleaning and disinfecting the boys’ locker room,” Ehlers stated.
The junior varsity girls basketball game between Luray and Page has been cancelled.
The boys basketball games will take place at Page County High School, with JV tipping off at 6 p.m. and the varsity to follow about 7:30 p.m.
The indoor track meet that LHS was scheduled to travel to on Wednesday has been cancelled.
PVN Sports plans to accompany the NFHS livestream for the girls county-rivalry basketball game at 7 p.m. on Thursday at LHS, as well as two games at PCHS — the boys hosting Rappahannock on Wednesday, and the girls hosting Madison on Friday. Go to NFHSNetwork.com
Here’s the remaining schedule for this week, as it stands Tuesday afternoon, for both local schools:
LHS – Bulldogs
• Wednesday, Feb. 3 — Basketball v. Madison – girls middle school 5 p.m., boys junior varsity 6 p.m., boys middle school 6:45 p.m., boys varsity 7:30 p.m. Girls basketball will travel to Madison, with a 6 p.m. start for junior varsity and varsity following at 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Feb. 4 — Scholastic Bowl v East Rockingham at 5 and 5:45 p.m.; girls varsity basketball v. Page County at 7 p.m. Boys basketball will travel to Page County with JV at 6 p.m. and varsity at 7:30 p.m. Girls JV game has been cancelled.
• Friday, Feb. 5 — Boys and girls middle school basketball will travel to Peter Muhlenburg MS in Shenandoah County, with girls start at 5:30 p.m. and boys at 6:45 p.m. Girls basketball will host Rappahannock, with JV at 6 p.m. and varsity at 7:30 p.m. Boys basketball will travel to Rappahannock, with the same start times.
• Saturday, Feb. 6 — Boys middle school basketball at Rappahannock, 4 p.m.
PCHS – Panthers
• Wednesday, Feb. 3 — Boys basketball v. Rappahannock, JV starts at 6 p.m. with varsity following at 7:30 p.m.; while the JV girls game has been cancelled, the girls varsity basketball team travels to Rappahannock for a 6 p.m. tip-off; girls and boys middle school basketball travels to Luray for tip-offs at 5:30 and 6:45 p.m., respectively.
• Thursday, Feb. 4 — Team photos for varsity basketball, girls at 3 p.m. and boys at 3:25 p.m.; Scholastic Bowl v. Clarke at 5 and 5:45 p.m.; boys basketball v. Luray, JV at 6 p.m with varsity at 7:30 p.m.; while the JV has been cancelled, girls varsity basketball at Luray, 7 p.m.; boys middle school basketball at Rappahannock, 5:30 p.m.
• Friday, Feb. 5 — Girls varsity basketball v Madison, 6 p.m. (JV cancelled); boys basketball at Madison with JV at 6 p.m. followed by varsity at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Feb. 6 — Wrestling at Strasburg HS, 10 a.m.
Schedules for VHSL events for both Luray and Page County High School may be found under the “Calendar” prompt on the Bull Run District website.
Page falls to improved Strasburg team, 70-57
Panthers move to 7-1 after defeating Stonewall, 60-40
Bulldogs move to 3-0 with win over visiting Strasburg
Panthers move to 4-1 with win over Clarke, 50-31
Panthers remain undefeated with 67-55 win over Madison
Page County outlasts Rappahannock in thriller
Page County picks up first win in home opener against Strasburg, 56-46
Campbell puts up 27 points in Panthers’ opening win over Stonewall
Schools partner with NFHS, PVN to broadcast sports
Central’s Falcons drop to 2A and may return to Bull Run District in 2021-22
Be the first to comment