The Page County Public Forum will hold a virtual forum on the upcoming election on Nov. 3 called “Your Vote, Making It Count: Voting in 2020” at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 23.
The panelists and topics for the virtual forum include:
• Rev. Sara Galindo, Pastor of Luray Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), will moderate the forum.
• Carol Gaunt, Page County Registrar, will explain the latest voting rules.
• Dr. Colin Greene, director of the Lord Fairfax Health District under the Virginia Department of Health, will address voting safety at the polls.
• Helen Phillips Cockrell, MS, MA, MSSM, C.O.P.E., Col. USAF (Ret), Owner, Optimal Health Solutions, will talk about veterans’ issues.
• Jack “Alex” White, founder of the Rural Leadership Initiative, columnist on rural public policy for Page Valley News and a member of the Page County Economic Development Authority, will discuss rural voting and our postal services.
• Bianka Warrick, a political science student at the University of Virginia, Vice Chair of U.Va.’s Legislative Affairs Committee and a founding member of Luray’s All Power to All People youth movement, advocates for a voting process that is simple and accessible to all students.
In order to participate in this virtual public forum on Zoom use the following prompts:
— Go to Meeting ID: 886 1201 9432
— Passcode: 761560
A recording of the virtual forum will be posted to Facebook after the Zoom panel discussion is concluded.