The Page County Public Forum will hold a virtual forum on the upcoming election on Nov. 3 called “Your Vote, Making It Count: Voting in 2020” at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 23.
The panelists and topics for the virtual forum include:
• Rev. Sara Galindo, Pastor of Luray Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), will moderate the forum.
• Carol Gaunt, Page County Registrar, will explain the latest voting rules.
• Dr. Colin Greene, director of the Lord Fairfax Health District under the Virginia Department of Health, will address voting safety at the polls.
• Helen Phillips Cockrell, MS, MA, MSSM, C.O.P.E., Col. USAF (Ret), Owner, Optimal Health Solutions, will talk about veterans’ issues.
• Jack “Alex” White, founder of the Rural Leadership Initiative, columnist on rural public policy for Page Valley News and a member of the Page County Economic Development Authority, will discuss rural voting and our postal services.
• Bianka Warrick, a political science student at the University of Virginia, Vice Chair of U.Va.’s Legislative Affairs Committee and a founding member of Luray’s All Power to All People youth movement, advocates for a voting process that is simple and accessible to all students.
In order to participate in this virtual public forum on Zoom use the following prompts:
— Go to Meeting ID: 886 1201 9432
— Passcode: 761560
A recording of the virtual forum will be posted to Facebook after the Zoom panel discussion is concluded.
Increase in mail-in ballots pose no issues for election officials, USPS
Page Republicans host opening of election HQ with Congressman Cline
Page County Republicans select new leadership at mass meeting
Page County Democrats open election headquarters in downtown Luray
PACA director running for school board chairman as write-in
Local ballot set for November elections
Be the first to comment