~ Press release issued by the Governor’s Office
RICHMOND — Governor Glenn Youngkin has announced the Virginia’s sales tax holiday for this weekend Friday, Aug. 5 through Sunday, Aug. 7.
Specifically, the sales tax holiday started at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, Aug. 5 and wraps up on Sunday, Aug. 7 at 11:59 p.m. During this period, Virginians can buy a number of items in stores, online, by mail order, and by telephone without paying sales tax.
“During a time of high inflation and gas prices, Virginians will receive some needed tax relief this weekend as they support local businesses across the Commonwealth,” said Governor Glenn Youngkin. “Our administration will continue to stand up for parents trying to buy school supplies for their children, Virginians preparing for upcoming weather-related events, and families struggling with the cost of living challenges. Building on the record tax relief for Virginians in this year’s budget, lowering the cost of living remains a top priority for my administration as we work together to make Virginia the best place to live, work, and raise a family.”
“The sales tax holiday benefits both businesses and consumers,” said Secretary of Finance Steve Cummings. “And, with inflation at its highest level since 1981, Virginians need this tax relief now more than ever.”
What items are eligible?
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies – $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear – $100 or less per item
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators – $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws – $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories – $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items – $60 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use – $2,500 or less per item
School Supply Lists ~ Page County Public Schools
(Click on your child’s school to see a list of supplies needed for the 2022-23 school year.)