~ PVN staff report
SHENANDOAH — Now celebrating its 75th anniversary this year, the Shenandoah VFW Avis O. Comer Post 8613 Auxiliary will serve as the Grand Marshals of the annual Town of Shenandoah Memorial Festival parade, which begins 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 27.
The parade, which runs down Maryland Avenue and onto First Street, is just one of many events planned Friday and Saturday for Shenandoah’s annual Memorial Festival weekend.
• On Friday, May 26, a cruise-in, with a DJ and food available will be held on First Street from 6 to 9 p.m.
• A flag retirement ceremony is planned from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Veterans Park on Virginia Avenue.
• On Saturday, a yard sale/craft show/vendor show will be held at Shenandoah Machine Shop’s parking lot on Pulaski Avenue from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Food trucks will be on site.
• A dog show will be held on the Carnival Grounds from 8 to 10 a.m.
• The Memorial Walk is scheduled at 10 a.m. followed by the town’s annual memorial ceremony at 10:15 a.m. at the Shenandoah VFW Avis O. Comer VFW Post 8613 on Varina Avenue.
• A car/truck/tractor show is set for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the KVK parking lot on Quincy Avenue, with a motorcycle show going on the same time on First Street.
• A petting zoo will be setup at the Shenandoah Landing & River Park on Morrison Road from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the Children’s Parade will also take place at the Shenandoah Landing & River Park at 1 p.m.
For more information,