~ Report issued by Stanley’s Co. 24
STANLEY — Fire Chief Terry A. Pettit reported that the Stanley Fire Department responded to a house fire at 12:41 p.m. last Monday, April 11 at 1178 Boston Road. Smoke and fire was visible coming from the basement when firefighters arrived, and they were able to keep most of the damage to the basement area.
Chief Pettit stated that the house was occupied by Phillip and Marcy Parlett and was owned by Joyce Burke of Stanley. Mr. Parlett was home at the time of the fire and was able to escape without injury. Pettit estimated the damage to be around $20,000. The fire chief said the fire started in wiring above the basement panel box. The house is insured, but the Parletts did not have insurance on the contents.
Chief Pettit stated that the Red Cross is assisting the family. Six units and 17 firefighters responded to the call. Page County EMS also responded, but no injuries. were reported. The Page County Sheriff’s Office assisted with detouring traffic. Units were on the scene for two hours.
Visit Company 24’s Facebook page.
Stanley’s Co. 24 answered 41 calls in February, two vehicles damaged and one injury in accidents
Council recognizes Girl Scouts, potential tax increase and other news from Stanley
Be the first to comment