Electrical fire causes $40,000 in damage

Stanley News Is Sponsored By:

Kite Hollow Rd fire
Photo courtesy of Stanley Fire Department

~ Press release submitted by the Stanley Volunteer Fire Department

STANLEY, March 13 — Fire Chief Terry A. Pettit reported that on Monday at 3:44 p.m. the Stanley Fire Department was called for a structure fire involving an apartment at 221 Kite Hollow Road about two miles east of town.

Chief Pettit stated that the upstairs of the building adjacent to the house had been converted into an apartment and when firefighters arrived the second floor was ablaze. However, the firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the house.  

The occupant of the apartment, Jeff Price, was at work at the time of the fire. The apartment is considered a total loss. The property is owned by Jeffrey Schifferle of Stanley. Estimated damage is around $40,000.

The probable cause of the blaze is an electrical short in an extension cord, according to the fire chief. The apartment is insured; however, Price did not have insurance on the contents and is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Five units and 19 firefighters from the Stanley Fire Department responded to the call. It took about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control. One unit and crew from the Page County EMS  responded. No injuries were reported. The Page County Sheriff’s Office also assisted with traffic during the incident.

Follow Co. 24 on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SVFD24



Pool rates remain the same, trout and eggs April 1, dog park April 8 and other Stanley news

Street improvements sought to aid opening of Daughter of the Stars Theater in Stanley

Man, woman and two dogs saved from Lucas Hollow blaze on Sunday night

Council members approve raise, park projects updated and other news from Stanley

Top Post Ad

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.