July 18, 1889 — During the thunderstorm last Wednesday evening several of the family of Mr. Chas. H. O’Neal, of this place, were severely shocked. Mrs. O’Neal was painfully stunned and did not recover for several hours.
The current of electricity was conveyed into the room in which they were sitting by a telephone wire and scattered promiscuously with the result above stated.
At the same time, probably the same flash, the wire connecting Mr. Fielding’s office and residence was burnt in two and the phone in the office torn from its fastening on the wall, displacing the adjoining plastering.
~ From the public archives of the Page News and Courier
TODAY IN HISTORY is a feature of PageValleyNews.com
~ Check the date of the story you just read!
Be the first to comment