~ PVN staff report
SHENANDOAH, Jan. 10 — The Town of Shenandoah Museum and Welcome Center drew 61 visitors in December. Since the museum’s opening in June of 2022, there have been 616 patrons and visitors and total revenue collected has been $3,222.29. Total revenue collected for printing services in December was $561.65.
During their Jan. 10 meeting, members of the Shenandoah Council authorized the purchase of Museum software in the amount of $2,111 to help catalogue Museum collections. Payment will be made from ARPA funds already budgeted for the Town Museum and Welcome Center.
In other business at its Jan. 10 meeting, the Shenandoah Council took the following actions:
• Travis Hoke spoke to the Council about his interest in purchasing a property in the Town of Shenandoah, and asked the Council if they were opposed to any of the ideas he presented to them before he purchased the property. Council noted they are not opposed to other ideas for the building beyond the original purpose.
• Approved a vehicle prison cage for the Shenandoah Police Department in the amount of $2,273 to be placed in the 2014 Ford Explorer. Payment will be taken from the General Fund Refund/Claims budgeted line item.
• Authorized the replacement of stairs and decking at the Sewer Plant in the amount up to $2,000. Payment will be transferred from the Capital Outlay Sewage Plant budgeted line item.
• Authorized a change with Community Enhancement Awards. Instead of a plaque, winners will receive a $50 gift card to a Town business and a yard sign will be placed in the winners’ yard.
• Received thank you letters from Massanutten Regional Library and from Shenandoah Community Library Branch Manager Ruth Reid for the Town’s annual donation to the Shenandoah Community Library.
• Received a memo from Town Clerk Lora Jenkins for Council to reorganize the Town Council Committees. Council will discuss the reorganization at the next meeting.
• Heard the Council will have a Town Code Workshop at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 17 at Town Hall for the purpose of discussing updates to the Town Code.
Shenandoah news briefs taken from notes provided by the Town Clerk.
Shenandoah Planning Commission will meet at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 18 in Town Hall.
For more information about activities and events in the Town of Shenandoah,