~ Photo and information provided by Stanley Fire Department
STANLEY — Fire Chief Terry A. Pettit reported that the Stanley Fire Department was called to a mobile home fire at 6:45 p.m. Friday evening at 130 South Piney Mountain Drive about four miles east of Stanley.
Chief Pettit stated that the living room of the mobile home was on fire when firefighters arrived. However, it only took about 10 minutes for firefighters to get the blaze under control.
The entire mobile home suffered fire and smoke damage and will likely be a total loss, according to Chief Pettit, valued at $30,000.
Chad Knight, who lived in the home, was at work when the fire occurred, according to Pettit. The fire started in the living room where an electrical cord to an air conditioner ignited the blaze, the fire chief reported.
Knight carried renter’s insurance, but the owner of the mobile home, Russell Barb of Luray, did not have insurance on the property.
The Red Cross is assisting Knight with a temporary place to live.
Five units and 22 firefighters from the Stanley Fire Department responded to the call and were on the scene for 90 minutes to make sure the fire was out.
Units from the Page County EMS and Luray Rescue Squad also responded, but no injuries were reported. The Page County Sheriff’s Office assisted with traffic control.
Police investigating three-vehicle crash that killed Stanley resident Monday
Alma plant fire quickly extinguished; 340 shut down
Two brothers injured in mobile home fire
Be the first to comment